OK you made your website. Now what?
Now how do I do that? 🙂
It’s always exciting to get a new website up and running, but then the reality sets in after it’s live when clients realize that, “Oh, now I have to DO something to get the value out of it.”
And that’s exactly where people stall out.
What comes next? What should I do?
Most folks know what they should be doing. They hear it everywhere:
- Post to your blog every week!
- Setup sales funnels!
- Add a shopping cart!
- Make sure all your content is up to date!
I mean, they’re not wrong. You should.
But here’s the thing – there’s only one you.
You have a finite amount of time, and there’s usually a learning curve with each of these to boot.
Getting Your Website to Work for You
If your website is live and functional, that’s the only real hurdle.
It’s like getting the car and now just deciding where to drive it.
What makes any website amazing is the traffic that it generates. Traffic equates to revenue.
That revenue can be created in so many forms:
- ads (don’t do this, there are better ways of making money)
- various sales funnels
- discovery calls
- book appointments
Generate the Traffic
I posted a quick slide show over on Instagram for 3 Ways to Get More Website Traffic (follow me on there for more tips like this), and the long and short of it is you need to post.
Post to your blog or other parts of your site, but grow the number of pages and value under your domain.
So post everything, and post often:
- A brief summary of every YouTube video you make and embed the video
- A brief summary of every Podcast you post with the show notes
- Press releases or industry news
- Webinar or event recaps with embedded video where available
- And of course your regular weekly blog posts for content campaigns